Friday, October 16, 2009

Let the games begin!!


Well, I made it. Yesterday was my last day at work! I am on a leave of absence until May 10, 2010! You can't get the grin off my face. Not that I dislike my job, but this will be way more fun, I think. At work, they were so nice. The Finance group took me out to a beautiful supper & drinks at the beautiful Regatta at the Gravenhurst wharf on Wednesday night. Thursday, at lunch my Sentence Management crew, Janet & Marilyn and a couple others, Louise & Joyce took me again to the Regatta for a yummy lunch! I felt so spoiled but enjoyed it immensely. Janet dropped me off at the RV after lunch and I dropped off John at the dentist while I went grocery shopping. Even that was fun when you feel like you have all the time in the world. When we got back to the RV, we broke out the cocktails and had a raging fire. You need a raging one this time of year as it is just above freezing even in the afternoon! See above our toasts for our plans of adventure.
Last weekend was a great Thanksgiving weekend. On Saturday, we decided to make a trip to Costco in Barrie to get a membership (they tell us Costco has cheap booze in the States!) While there we bought our Christmas present to each other, a Wii game with Wii Sports, Wii fit and Wii Play. We had played it in Toronto at Jenn's parents place and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only problem is, when I go to bed at night and close my eyes I see Mii people!

Sunday, we had a great dinner with all the Hollinger clan thanks to John's Mom. Kristina & Chris made the trip up and stayed with us on Sunday night. We also enjoyed a video conference with Shawn, Jenn & Emmie. Monday, Kristina & Chris came with us to Dorsett and we climbed the Fire Tower to see the beautiful fall colours. Quite breathtaking and we enjoyed a great lunch at the Fiery Grill.
Today, for my first day off work, I went for a pedicure, haircut and we had a great hike on the biking trails. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment