Friday, February 28, 2014

It can be done!!!!

Yes, you can do it! Thank you "You Tube", could not have done it without you!

Beautiful day here in Frostproof today, with nothing but sun, sun and then some more sun! Tom and I put in our 4 1/2 miles of walking at 7:30 this morning, and then got serious! I put him to work.

It was time to replace our main awning on our RV and I figured out we could install it ourselves! I ordered the new fabric on the internet and it was delivered to our site by Mr. Shades for $128.00.

These pictures were taken to remind me how it all came apart... but I did not really need them, the You Tube Video I had was excellent and we followed it to a T.

The most important part to a good installation is a capable assistant, and that ended up being my buddy Tom. He worked good, and cheap!

We started at 10:00 a.m. and we were finished by 12:15 p.m. Hard to believe. The biggest job was removing the end caps off the tube, and releasing the tension on the big springs, and then having to put the tension back on, but we had no problem doing so... all went well following the You Tube instructions.

Once installed, I was able to put our sun screens back on, and make our "man cave" once again... Judy is enjoying her book on her iPad mini above on a great Florida afternoon.

Our neighbour Mark, supplied the pop rivet gun we needed, and also helped us install the finished assembly back up on the RV. Thanks Mark! All is good again in RV Land!

We enjoyed a great night this evening under the new canopy enjoying some refreshments and a couple of Hungry Howies Pizzas! EEEHAWWWWW!!!!

Till tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. Call me surprised but pleased it all worked out so well.

    I have a feeling if I tried that I'd end up rolled up in the awning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta Love YouTube! I cannot count the number of times I have struggled with something for an hour or more just to get frustrated and watch YouTube finding the right way to do it and be done in 15 minutes.

    Nice job!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. We, too, love YouTube. Saved us so many headaches over the years. Good job guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job.! Not that hard,
    just need the instructions some good help and the right tools.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so where should we meet up this summer so that you and Tom can replace my awning fabric? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I concur that with You Tube, many tasks are made easier. Nice work of replacing the awning.

    ReplyDelete