Monday, August 5, 2013

Still on the shelf today...

I don't know why, but it seems every time a holiday weekend comes around I get sick with a cold or something like that! We had a beautiful day here in Ontario today with great sunny weather.

Basically, I stayed at home in the RV today taking life easy again... seems I have lost a lot of my energy with this lovely cold I have. This afternoon I did take an hour and a half out to head outside and change the oil on Judy's Suzuki.

The last time I did this was this past winter down in Winterhaven. Judy put about 4,000 klms. on it since then, so it was time to change it up. It is an easy job, with the 400 cc motor holding 2 liters of oil, with a paper oil filter that you can easily change as well. It is all set to go now!

Judy went into Town this morning to give Kristina a hand with Charlie. Seems he is not really sleeping for long periods of time lately, and Kristina is a bit short on sleep. I made sure I stayed away today, as I do not want to pass on this cold to the kids!

Shawn and Jenn and the kids have been on their summer vacation out in the Ottawa area, and Shawn posted a couple pictures I borrowed for tonight off of facebook. They were at "Buskerfest" in Ottawa this weekend.

 

Looks to me like Shawn was getting the girls to do some acting today, as they both put on their tuff look just outside Parliament Hill... or maybe they just figured out there is not enough money in the CPP fund to fund their pensions when they retire! Oh oh.....

 

Anyways, it looks like they had lot of fun and face painting in downtown Ottawa today! Their weather looks as good as ours was.

Till tomorrow...

 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get well soon........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. Cute pictures of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the girls are getting so big!! hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see the girls are learning the Ottawa MP scowl! Cute pics!

    Nothing worse than a bad cold - hope tomorrow finds you feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your feeling under the weather Maverick. Nice pic of Shawn and all his girls on Sparks St. We ate at the same place on our Canada weekend.
    Get better soon and we'll see ya on the 24th. The Hotel is all cleaned and ready for occupancy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon, the long weekend is over now.

    ReplyDelete