Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Only 82 to go...

Today has got to be one of my favourite days of Fall... only 82 to go!

Yes, it is opening night of the NHL Season once again. If you are a Canadian, and have not heard of or watched a hockey game, you live in an igloo, however they even have Satelite TV now I am sure!

I am a bit pumped up this year, as my main Tean, the Leafs of course, have a bunch of new Players and seem to be headed in a new direction. Gone are our fighters, and in are a bunch of new guys that I hope can play hockey!

Now before you get feeling sorry for Colton Orr, one of our fighters, just think of him now playing for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, and being paid $1 Million a year to do so!

Or you could also wonder how Phil Kessel will get by this year on a measley $8 Million Dollar salary, and he does not even have a Wife to help spend it for him...

 

So, with only 82 games to go till the playoffs, here is hoping we make it! I would love to watch hockey in June!

Anyways, I will be in front of the tube at 7 p.m. to take in the Season Opener agains good old Montreal. They are great rivals, and makes for a great opening night. When I was a kid growing up in Montreal, I watched all the Montreal games... but converted after moving to Ontario...

 

Judy and I went in and watched the kids for a bit this morning, as Chris and Kristina were off to the Dr. for a checkup. All is well, and we had a blast with the kids.

 

Gwenny was all about wearing her butterfly wings today... her favourite bug!

Charlie was playing trucks, but looks like he is wearing butterfly wings in the pic above...lol

We all had a big game of Thomas the Train going as well on the kids train tracks...

 

Till tomorrow...

 

3 comments:

  1. Tie game halfway through!

    Love the pic of you playing trains with Charlie and Gwenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're a leafs fan! You have my sympathy. Back in the old 6 teams days when my dad and I watched hockey (sitting in the basement on Devonshire Ave. in Woodstock) he was a leafs fan too - so naturally I became a Habs fan and have just never stopped. Enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had seasons ticket at Maple Leaf Gardens, back in the day and never missed a game.
    Have only watch one game since they added more teams.
    Kids and Grandkids give me a good fill of hockey.

    ReplyDelete