Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Are they worth it???

Back about a month and a half ago, I was over in London, and picked up a $50.00 pair of Wilson Running Shoes... my nice pair of Sketchers had simply worn out after many miles of walking...

At first I was pleased with the Wilson Running Shoe... but soon started to change my mind, and wonder a bit if I made a mistake. After my 5 mile walk most days now, my feet are killing me... I found that the Wilson Shoe was simply too light, or not sturdy enough. They were just not holding up to the lengh of our walks, and kind of felt like I was walking on cement after a while.

After some looking around different stores in Woodstock, we headed back over to London again this afternoon, and found a new pair of shoes to try out...

I decided on a nice looking shoe made by Merrell. When you pick up one of these, and compare it to the Wilson Shoe, there is a very notable difference. The Merrell is much better constructed, but just a little bit heavier. Merrell has an excellent name in footwear, and outdoor clothing, although they are sure on the high end of the price range. I bought this pair today at a discount store in London for $109.95. Are they going to be worth it??? Time will tell. They are certainly a lot more comfortable than the Wilson shoe was overall, but to be fair to Wilson, their shoe was probably meant for a different purpose.

I will let the know the verdict on the Merrells, once I do 37 laps around our track tomorrow.

Till tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Bob wears New Balance and is happy with that brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a good shoe because walking just kills my feet and legs. And I'm not having much luck with shoes either. Waiting for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new shoes. A good pair can make all the difference in the world on how you feel. Your feet, legs and back are all affected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur! The Wilson was quite likely for a different purpose. A good walking shoe, as you suggest, is worth its weight in gold when it brings comfort and support during and following a long walk.

    ReplyDelete