Friday, August 22, 2014

Destruction phase...

With all the furniture out of the way, I was able to start into the destruction phase of the Kid's backroom.

I ripped out that green flooring, that was laid over the brown linoleum flooring... also that closet you see in the background, will be coming out! You would think it would be easy ripping out flooring but it never seems to be. One million nails holding the subfloor down seem to get in the way, if you get my drift...

I took all the trim out today which will eventually be replaced with new trim. All that dark green paint will be gone as well...

I had to rip this subfloor up piece by piece, using a crowbar, and then pull all the nails out... Only got about 1/2 the job done today...there is always tomorrow!

I will only be working 1/2 days on this job, as Charlie and Gwenny need their beauty sleep in the afternoon, so no banging allowed! This allowed Judy and I to go for a nice walk in Roth Park, down by Lake Pittock this afternoon... it was nice and warm, but the trail here is shaded.

Yup, still had a bit of energy to go for a 45 minute walk...nice to get outside. Wait, Judy made a great pot of Chilli at home in the slow cooker.... gotta go!

Till tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. You are keeping busy! Too busy for me, I offered to help my daughter renovate her house in Drumbo more this summer, but she said not to worry, did not hurt my feelings.
    It was only a few years ago I dry walled, taped, mudded, sanded and painted the whole second floor of their house. After installing some new windows as well.

    ReplyDelete