Saturday, August 23, 2014

No rest today...

Punched my time clock at 9:00 this morning to get to work on the job...

(well, many years ago I used to punch in to start work anyways....)

I got all the subfloor lifted this morning, and then moved onto removal of the closet. Here is a big secret! Use one of these...

This is a Dewalt Sawsall, and as I told Kristina today, it should have been called "El Destructo!" You can reek a lot of havoc with one of these bad boys in your hands! They wll cut through just about anything! Chris owns this one... I never did buy one of these, but I sure could have used one of these over the years living in the house. You can see the holes in the drywall I cut using the saw above, allowing me access to the interior studs in the wall. I managed to get the whole closet removed in about an hour and a half!

So, all the removal is now finished on this job, and it is time to get under construction, and repairing a lot of drywall. That is a job for next week!

Till tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. I have a sawsall.....and it has been well used for most projects I seem to undertake. Great tool.

    You a clearly punching the clock if you need to work mornings only. Then again, you need the afternoon to recover from all of that bull work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tool to get things done in a hurry.
    Love the 1/2 work days, almost like you are retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tool to get things done in a hurry.
    Love the 1/2 work days, almost like you are retired.

    ReplyDelete