Friday, July 16, 2010

O Canada, Our Home and Native Land….

Yes, I am back in Canada tonight, why is it when you cross the Peace Bridge at Fort Erie, and you cross the actual border and you see the Red Maple Leaf flying in the wind, your skin turns to goose bumps and you feel all warm and fuzzy inside????  Feels good to be home!

I really enjoyed the week in Ellicottville, N.Y.   I met lots of new friends and spent lots of time with good friends.  I enjoyed a week at a great Hotel along with Jim, and we had a blast. 

We left in our convoy this morning shortly after 9:00 a.m. in dark cloud conditions, and except for a few brief drops, we stayed dry…. I do no know how… the sky was black!  When we hit Buffalo/Fort Erie and crossed the bridge, O Canada was covered in sun!  We hit all kinds of traffic in and around Toronto, and did not actually get back to Gravenhurst until 5:00 this afternoon. 

Sorry, no time for pics today, will catch up tomorrow.  

All of our gang appeared to enjoy the week and we certainly had the right weather.  Judy and I drove in to visit Patsy and Frank in Town this evening and enjoyed happy hour sitting on Gull Lake.  We picked up the Kitty Fan I bought for Judy as an Ellicottville gift.  Frank and Patsy smuggled it back into Canada for me…thanks Guys! 

That’s it for tonight!  Good to be home again.

Till tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. We always breath a big sigh of relief whenever we cross back into Canada as well. Sometimes the best part of going awa.....is coming home.

    ReplyDelete