Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday, it must be Bike Night!

Had a busy day today doing all kinds of things… this afternoon I had to take the RV back to the local GM Dealership, and the Guy from the Electronics Dept. finally fixed my wonky Stereo speaker on the drivers side.  Seems there was a bad wire from some rear speakers that were added onto our system before we bought the unit.  All is good now and I can hear the radio as we drive!

Wednesday night is bike night down  at Gravenhurst Wharf.  I have blogged about this event before, and I love going.  I get to meet a lot of friends, and stand around and kick tires and smell oil!   It was a perfect night weather wise and a good crowd was out.  I missed the 50/50 draw again, but local charities benefit from the proceeds, so you always feel good about that, as they do raise a lot of money that all stays local!

I had the point and shoot with me tonight…

This Honda is a collector’s item… it is 1000 c.c.’s and is a 6 cylinder engine… I would give up my best 10mm. wrench for one of these…DSCN4689

This is one of our two steamships, the Wennonah ll, which operates out of the Wharf.

DSCN4690

This is a great bike, a 1976 Honda GL 1000 Goldwing, I used to have the 1977 model and just loved it!  I did not have a side car on mine.DSCN4692

There are always great views at the Wharf…

DSCN4694

The ice cream guy does a big business on Wednesday night…

DSCN4695

There is a nice Gazeebo where they run the bike night from.

DSCN4696

Lots of machines out tonight…

DSCN4697

Some guy from Barrie brought this perfect Yamaha 250 cc. 2 stroker out tonight, that was simply in mint condition… do not know the year, but it would be very early 1970’s…

DSCN4698

Just another great evening….

DSCN4700

I ran into Bob H. that was down in Ellicottville with  us, and we decided after bike night was over, to ride up to Don J.’s place and check out the new 5th Wheel and Truck he just bought.  WOW is all I can say…. It is a great trailer, that is a toy hauler, and yes, Don has a nice brand new Honda Goldwing to fit in the toy hauler!  The model is a “Road Warrior”…

DSCN4701

You can’t use your smart car to pull the tow hauler, so Don bought this brand new Ford Larriatt 350 Diesel with dual wheels on the back… it has that fancy new clean diesel motor they just came out with. This thing is loaded!

DSCN4702

I think Don and Heather are planning a trip to Arizona this winter, so who knows… may run into them!

DSCN4703

Well, that just about wraps up another day of retirement… love it!

Till tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment