Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You Gotta Know When to Hold' Em........

Today was simply another beautiful day in Arizona. It was a little cool overnight, however the sun came up and it was beautiful. Warmed up real nice by this afternoon. I believe looking at the weather on the Internet, that Tennessee had warmer temperatures today than we did, but that is alright, we will have our turn here. I hate to bring up the subject of weather with the people in Ontario.... I am not hearing good news... our Daughter Kristina took over 4 hours to drive from Woodstock into Toronto for 3 appointments, but got none of them accomplished....too bad. All the people in the park here are laughing at Alberta, as I guess they are simply getting hammered.... lots of snow and lots of cold weather..... I will have to send my good friend Andy Jackson an email in Red Deer and see how things are going for him....
This morning was quiet, as we enjoyed coffee and computers till about 10:00 a.m. We decided we needed some food if we wanted to keep on living, so we headed out on the bikes to "Fry's" which is a big food store. Prices are REAL good at Fry's. When was the last time you got Kraft Dinner for .50 cents....It seems funny, buying your groceries, and then watching Judy pick up a 6 pack of Smirinoff Ice.... oh well, saves a trip to the other store....
After we had a quick lunch it was 1:00 p.m. and time for the Texas Holdem Poker Tournament. I was pumped, after reading how to play on the internet, and picking up inspiration from David Reid. Ready to take on the world, i entered the game and ponied up my $5.00 to the banker. Having never played this game before, I took a couple of hands to get my bearings, and keeping my bets to a minimum... after a few hands, I actually won one, and was off to the races. It is an elimination type of game, and with 10 players and increasing minimum bets, you soon get to the end. I finished 3rd out of 10 and won $10.00 ! I was happy, and we soon converted our winnings into a delivered chicken dinner! Now here is where life in the RV Resort gets to be fun, right after the poker game, it is now "Happy Hour". We enjoyed the conversations with the group, but the sun goes down here at 5:00 and it is then dinner time. Our neighbours picked up our chicken dinner for us, and of course as it is Wednesday, the Leafs are playing at 5:00 tonight! As I do the blog, it is early in the 3rd period, and Leafs are up 2 - 1. Here is hoping!
Judy snapped this only picture of the day, of me counting all my chips in the poker game! It is a real good bunch of people that play, mostly Canadian of course....
Now, right after the game, it is "hot tub" time.... can you get the image of how hard life here is in Arizona??????
Judy worked like a busy bee on our Christmas Letter this afternoon and was near completion. We received the Christmas Letter from our good friends, "The Morrisons" out of Alliston. Hopefully, they will make it here to visit over New Years! Talked to my Mom today in Orillia, and figured they had bad weather, as she could not make it to the Church today.... blowing snow!
Well the forecast for tomorrow is warmer, and all "sun" so should be a good one! Till then.....

1 comment:

  1. John and Judy you both make it sound so nice and yes the weather has been awful 25 centimeters today and other 25 overnight and 30 tommoro . If that is all true we are DONE. All we do is shovel but we are looking alittle skinnier these days LOL

    ReplyDelete