Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What a drip...

Hey, Florida actually hit about 68 degrees F. this afternoon with the sun out, it actually felt real nice! Just to confuse you all, it is going to hit about 30 deg. C. by this weekend! Can't wait!

This morning Judy and I made it out to the walking track... that is, walking around the perimiter of our Park, which is about 1 1/4 miles around. It was nice waking, so we made 3 trips around. Normally Tom and I did about 4 or sometimes 5 laps, but I am just getting worked up for that! Nice to spend some time outdoors.

After walking, we were off to Lake Wales for some sundry shopping, just a few little things that we could not live any longer without.

This afternoon, I had to address a proplem with our kitchen sink. When you turned on the faucet, only a slow drip would come out! What the.... I took the old faucet apart and the only thing I found, was that it was simpy worn out. The whole thing simply had to be replaced. We made a trip up to Lowes, but they did not carry what we needed, as of course, it is RV specific. We carried on to Camping World and you can see the nice chromed faucet already installed on our double sink above. That is the old beast lying beside it. I had to make the hole in the counter top a wee bit wider, but that was no problem with my power drill. It took me a couple minutes to decide the small washer had fallen out of the fitting when I installed the cold water line to the new fixture... would not stop dripping! (ya, I sort of got ticked off for a minute...) However all is good now, and no more drips, and a good flow of hot and cold to boot! Another job done!

With much better weather coming tomorrow, might get the hose out and start on the RV... it needs it!

Till tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Nice repair done now enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I do a plumbing install, turn the water on and see a drip, drip, drip! Glad it was only a washer!

    ReplyDelete