After I delivered Judy out to the Prison for her day at work, I headed back to the RV and spent the entire day working on moto-tote. (yes, again) I worked on the wiring as I wanted to get the lights all working and ready to go.
It worked out very well!
When we purchased the Blue Ox Tow package, the dealer installed a complete separate set of light on the Jeep, to be used only during towing. These new light were incorporated into the existing rear lights on the Jeep. Today, I spliced into the wiring of this system and made my own wiring harness.
Now, when the Jeep is being towed, all the lights work on the back of the moto-tote. Also, if we are driving the Jeep without the motor home, we plug the moto-tote into the trailer harness on the Jeep, and you have lights again on the moto-tote! Perfect!
It took all day, but I took my time and did it right! I also soldered all the wire connections, and there were many!
Tomorrow, is a big day. I will hook the Jeep and the Burgman, behind the Motor Home, and see if the Duramax is able to pull it all. I want to see how it will all handle. Not to worry folks, we are within weight limits on the towing, this I make 100% sure of.
We have Debbie and Gerard from Waterloo coming to spend the weekend with us on Saturday. Looks like the weather is going to be excellent for a good visit!