Monday, August 16, 2010

On the road again…

Tonight’s blog is coming to you from Slippery Rock, PA.  Yes, out in the middle of nowhere really… about 45 minute drive north of Pittsburgh.  I wanted to get north of Pittsburgh, as I did not want to get tied up tomorrow morning in rush hour traffic, and that would have happened in I stayed south of Pittsburgh tonight.

Below is the Evening Star Motel where I am staying tonight.  They have free Wi-Fi and the rooms are only $50.00 a night!  No where to eat though, so I had to drive down to Slippery Rock for Dinner tonight.  It is a neat little Town that reminds me of Cooks town, Ontario.  Lots of unique little shops and stores.

DSCN4898

Today was a great day for driving.  Lots of sun, some overcast skies and no rain!  Just the way I like it.  Temperature was perfect.  Bike ran great!  Hopefully the weather holds up for tomorrow as I will make it back to Graven Hurst and RVlifeonwheels home base!

Thanks again to Shawn, Jennifer, Emmie and Paige for putting up with me for the week.  I had a terrific time and enjoyed every minute of Tennessee life.  Jenn is a great cook and kept me well fed! 

Anyhow, gotta get some sleep, long day on the road tomorrow!   Back to Canada!

Till tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment