Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I made it!

Today was the first day of RETIREMENT! I worked hard at it, but it went very well. I have lots of time to get better at it.

Yesterday I actually had to work past 5:00 at the office just to get all wrapped up and out of there. I totally enjoyed my 3.5 years at the Royal Bank and worked with great people and had a lot of fun. They all took Judy and I out to dinner at BP last Thursday night, and we enjoyed a great evening. They presented me a gift certificate from Henry's where I will find a great camera bag for our new SLR. Over the past week, I received many calls and emails from friends, family, and co-workers wishing me a great retirement, and I appreciated hearing from everyone. It felt good. The management group presented me with a gift certificate from Taboo, where I will certainly take Judy out for a great night of entertainment!

Just want to say thanks to all the Staff Members of the Gravenhurst Branch, you were all great, and we achieved great results! It was fun.

Today was such a great day to retire on. The sun shone all day, and I had lots of errands to do, and drove all around on my trusty Honda to complete them. It was great. Went for an hour long walk out back of the KOA. Took some calls from people wishing us well. All was good. When I left the bank I forgot to return my Corp. Visa Card from expenses.... too bad, had to give it back today :-((

Tomorrow looks good for weather again, so Gary (Judy's brother) and I are going out to Horseshoe Valley and going golfing...can't wait.

Can't you tell, I am starting to get into this retirement thing already!

To busy doing stuff today to take any pics...

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,

    So after 4 days without a house and a job, how does it feel?
    Did you get our comment I posted on your blog on the 31st?
    Congratulations -- we both envy you!

    Gerard & Deb

    ReplyDelete