Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's raining again....


More rain this morning... lots of it. This summer is starting to smell a lot like last summer at this point..... oh no...

The World Leaders are going to find out just how wet it can get in Muskoka over the next day or so... they are all coming to visit.

Security has ramped up even more.... we have security at our local airport all the time now. The Army is camped out on the property and in the bush across the road. Yesterday, I was picking Judy up after work at 4:00 and about 150 Army Soldiers were in formation with full back packs and were heading into the bush around the airport for the night. About an hour later it poured rain for over an hour... I think they would have got a bit wet!

Yesterday I was out for a ride on my Honda in the afternoon, returning to the KOA after a trip up into Bracebridge. When I crossed the overpass on Highway 11, a 7 car procession pulled right in behind me. In the lead was 2 OPP Cruisers, followed by 3 big black Limos, and 2 more OPP bringing up the rear. After we all crossed the overpass, I turned right on Gravenhurst Parkway, heading back home, and of course they turned with me.... they were heading to the airport! I felt very important leading this procession the 4 klms. up to the airport... had to make sure I did not exceed the speed limit, and they stayed right on my butt the whole way...yikes!

I took the picture below this morning after all the rain finally stopped. Here we are, now camped at the lakefront property of the Gravenhurst KOA...




Tomorrow is the actually G8 Summit Meetings, and then they all move to Toronto for the G20. It is going to be busy around here!
Good news today, I got notification in the mail of my first Pension Payments to be deposited to the bank account! :-))
Till tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment