Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back to Mexico....

This morning was just simply another great morning! The sun was blazing and it was getting warm quick.... Judy was off early to the pool, and I had a date with the outside bins on the RV. I am starting to get into "getaway" mode for this Friday, as most of you will know we are leaving Yuma, and heading to Tuscon. It was a big job, as for some reason we seem to accumulate more and more stuff???? Go figure.... Took me all morning but I got it all finished!
This afternoon we decided to head back to Mexico. I wanted to go over and get my teeth cleaned to keep my Dentist, Dr. John happy up in Gravenhurst. I did not have any idea which Dental Office to go to, there are lots of them, so we wandered around a bit and I finally found one that looked good....

They charge $25.00 to do a full dental cleaning.... I walked in and within 5 minutes I was in the chair... You have to be tuff in Mexico and realize that the people there will do just about anything to get money from you. The Dental Assistant that did my teeth took 2 pictures with a fibre optic camera before the cleaning and then 2 of the same pictures after the cleaning was done. When I waled in the Office, I asked the price of a cleaning and they told me $25.00. After the cleaning, they show you the before and after pictures on a split screen Hi Def TV they have right beside you in the chair. Now the sales pitch. You see the dramatic difference before and after, and before you know it, they now want $50.00 as they did such a good job. I firmly reminded them the agreed price was $25.00 and that was that. Next, they had 4 other dental procedures they felt I needed, including crowns, and they had all the prices all lined up for me. When did I want to come back for them? After a firm "No".... I left and paid them the $25.00 and we carried on for the afternoon.
I was not finished, need a haircut, so I scouted out a barber shop, and this Lady did a great job cutting my hair for $6.00.
In between, I found a new leather belt that was hand made in Mexico.... lots of bargains today.
The only problem with going to Mexico in the afternoon, is that you have to come back! We got in line to come back into the U.S and ended up waiting for about an hour and 20 minutes...

this was near the back of the line when we started... they had a nice frame up for shade, but forgot to put the awning on it..... ???? ....

The line up crossed the Colorado River. This is what is left of the Colorado after it enters Mexico. Not sure if they still call it the Colorado here or not...

This is a border crossing guards position on the U.S. side.... it is a bit blurry, but they watch the crossing from inside.


These cars are in line to cross into the U.S.A.

Check out this next picture. Today was the first time we saw Mexican Soldiers at the border crossing. Here they are searching a car that is going into the U.S.A.!!!! They were tearing them apart, looking in glove boxes, under carpets, in the trunk, you name it. Looking for drugs. Apparently the Mexican Gov't is cracking down on the Drug Lords... these same cars were searched again, 20 feet up the road at the U.S. Border Crossing.... No hanky panky going on here boy.

Judy and I got checked through U.S. Immigration by the friendliest Border Agent Lady we have every come across. Judy took this picture of the line up after we got across the border.

Turned a little cloudy this afternoon, but was real nice. Of course we got back to the Resort and found the hot tub!

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment