Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Windows Live Writer Beta… hmmmmm…

 

Just about took the big one this morning, when I was reading Rick and Paulette’s blog, and Rick recommended downloading Windows Live Writer Beta.  He indicated if you downloaded it would simply replace the existing copy of Windows Live Writer.   I tried and it did not work… it wiped out my version I had, and would not let me download the Beta version… I tried about 4 times with sweat building on my forehead, as I like using the program. 

After settling down and reading the error messages, I figured out the problem was because I had a firewall set up, so I by-passed our router, and was able to load the program…. phewww…. relief!

I have just started playing with it, and it seems to be a real good program… you can do lots of different things with it…like highlighting text!  Cool ehhh…

Take a look at the two pictures below of Devil’s Bridge, which is located in Sedona, Arizona.  We were there with Gerard and Deb on March 2nd.   The first picture is the way I took it.  Too much back light from the sky, made the rocks very dark.

P3025749

Once you load the picture into Windows Live Writer, just a few quick clicks of the mouse and there you go…. you can actually see the picture!

P3025749

I added this picture just for the heck of it… it is one of my favorite shots from the winter down south.  Gerard is standing right out on the Bridge, and yes, it is about a 400 foot drop over the edge!   Nerves of steel!

P3025780

Anyhow, it will take me some time to learn this new program, but I like it.  Thanks for the info Rick!

Before I run, I have to give you the funny story of the day…. Judy was at work eating her lunch she brought with her, and reached in her bag to grab the can of diet ginger ale she put in there, and pulled out a Coors Light Beer!  Ooopppssss… In her defence, they do look a lot alike.   I asked Her if she drank it, but she restrained herself and brought it back home….

Till tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha Mom that's hilarious! Booze to a prison I betcha put that back in your bag pretty quick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure did. Actually it didn't even get out of the bag!!

    ReplyDelete