Saturday, April 19, 2014

Washington D.C. We made it!

Fellow Blogger George, called it in a comment he left on the blog last night... something to the effect, "watch out for the Easter Weekend traffic"... yup, he was right.

Good thing we only left a 200 mile drive today, and after getting on the road early, we made it to Washington D.C. by 3:00 this afternoon.

We are staying north of Washington, about 12 miles out, at the closest RV Resort there is to Downtown Washington... Cherry Hill RV Resort. A real nice Resort with a real big price tag... but you are where you want to be.

Guess who I met, as soon as I entered the loby to register at the Resort????

I know... Michelle seems really happy that I made it! What can I say... I told Rick that I would run into the Obama's, but I did not think it would be on our first day here! Wow... Let the touring begin!

On a very serious note tonight... guess who took his first faltering step according to his Mom...???...

Yup... Charlie took his first step towards his Mom at the Nursery this week over at their Church. I bet I will be chasing him all over the place when I get home!

Till tomorrow...

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear...DC at Easter and Cherry blossom time.
    Has to be packed!

    Congratulations to Charlie. Great time in the life of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie's mom and dad (grandparents too) will be super busy now that he has discovered his two legs. Nice.

    I too wondered about your drive during the busy Easter Holiday season but you did well getting into DC by 3:00 pm. I know you will get around and about. Enjoy the tours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you made it through the traffic finally.
    Enjoy your time in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stayed at Cherry Hill in May of 03 during a cicada "event". Took the bus from the gate to catch the metro. It is pricey, that's for sure, but can't beat the location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for Charlie - attaboy! Now, I guess I'll have to get Mason into training to catch up!!

    Nice of the Prez and First Lady to come out to the RV park to welcome you to D.C. Very thoughtful of them.

    ReplyDelete