Thursday, December 3, 2009

A little bit of everything for everyone!

Get yourself a double double this morning if you are sitting down to read this blog posting, as it may be a bit long today.... lots of pictures if you are into that...

First of all, thanks to everyone who has been reading the blog. Since we left Ontario on Nov. 1st, I have been posting daily, and place a counter on Nov. 4th. Today we exceeded 1,000 hits on the blog in less than a full month. Yikes. It is has been fun doing the blog, and I love to receive comments on the blog, being good bad or ugly, as it does encourage me to carry on. Never thought for a minute the blog would get 1,000 hits a month!



Today was another great day in Az. Lots of sun and a high of only 19 degrees C. One of our cooler days since we got here. This morning while Judy was doing the swimming pool thing, I took life easy and sat out with our neighbour and solved a few problems of the world while sucking up our vitamin D.


I also took a walk around the park and decided to take a few pics and post them.



These flowers were on a "hedge" down by the front office. Don't have a clue what you call them but I thought they were pretty neat.



A couple mornings a week the guys get out and play ....



Here is a mini cactus garden down by the front office. Lots of cactus in the park, and I learned my lesson today, I decided to head out to take these pictures, and brushed against our neighbours plant, and had to go back in, change my shirt, and pull quills out of my chest and arm. Not pleasant, but you learn. Judy learned the hard way also. Now we watch for them!




On the east boundary of the park they have some nice palm trees...

This is the view when you look to your right when you are beside the above palm trees...lots of desert and the distant mountains....






Couldn't resist this pic of this 1977 Honda Goldwing that a guy had parked in front of his park model. I guess I had a week spot for it since we had one of these for quite a few years. Ours was in much better shape though....




We have lots of park model units in the park and I really liked this one. There are a few for sale, and seem to sell for about $35,000.00 Then you have to pay your park fees on top!







I came across this RV in the park and thought it was funny! A lady named Linda, drives from park to park and offers Dog Grooming services. Why not!







As you can tell by this picture by the front Office, they love Canadians, as that is our Maple Leaf flying at the same height as the Star Spangled Banner!







Here is my favorite picture of the day. This is "Beep Beep". He is a Road Runner, and you can find him hanging around the pool and front office first thing in the mornings. All we need is a coyote and we could make a cartoon!










My neighbour told me about this place called "Arizona Markets" and Judy and I fired up the bikes and headed over this afternoon, only a 10 minute drive. There were over a hundred different vendors set up under these roofs.... it was amazing... Lots of people, and it was warm.







Judy got me to take this picture of this booth that had all this stained glass stuff for "Marilyn". Judy told me she is right into this kind of stuff...







At one booth they had these terrific chairs, very light weight, and had their own side tables. We wanted to buy them, but no way we could strap them to the bikes even after they were folded, but hey, no problem here in Yuma, the salesman delivered them right to our RV.





Here is Judy scoping out the next booth to hit...

I took this pick of the Corvette this morning, that was parked in our Resort. It reminded me of Tom Reece who has one of these... I liked his plate.... he was from Montana.

Well, that ends another great day in Yuma! We enjoyed the hot tub again tonight, and have no plans for tomorrow! Love it!

1 comment: