Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You have to learn to RELAX!



Ever since I retired Judy is always after me to relax. Well today was the day. For the first time since we left Ontario, we decided to do nothing this afternoon!
This morning we started our regular routine now, with Judy in the pool by 9:00 and at 9:15, I was down in the gym. The sun was up, and it was starting to get warm early this morning. It hit about 23 degrees or so today and was great. After the exercising was done it was time to get on the bikes and go up to the local car wash in the Foothills, and wash up the bikes from all the gravel roads from yesterday. They are spic and span again, ready for the next adventure!. Next we were off to Fry's to pick up a load of groceries, as we were down to Kraft Dinner! We were going through the store and Judy was all impressed because they had 5 lbs. bags of potatoes for $.59, yes 59 cents! This was good as we are doing mashed potatoes for the Christmas Dinner.
I was all excited and I have a message for John Morrison, who is coming down at the end of the month. Fry's is selling the 1.75 Ltr. Bottles of 80 proof rum for $11.95! Funny how men and women get excited about different things.....
After we got home, and unloaded the good, we had lunch and it was off to the pool area. The sun was out, and it was hot. A great day for life at the beach. (well, there is no beach....). I took my camera and one of my books, and spent an hour or so trying to figure out how to use it! Judy was reading one of her many books.
Did take some pictures....
Shawn and Jenn ordered me a remote control button for my new camera. I am holding it in my hand while I triggered the camera for this picture. Cool....

As you can tell, we had to beat back the crowds down at the pool today. I can't figure it out, there are over 400 RV and Park Model sites at our resort and the pool usually looks like this....

The pool is kept real warm, around 80 degrees or so....

We had a nice video conference with Emmie and Shawn and Jenn tonight. Emmie was her usual busy self, always on the move... I think she wears her Mom and Dad out at times, and they want to have a 2nd...????....

After the conference call it was game time with the Leafs playing the Phoenix Coyotes, and yikes we won't even go there tonight, 5-3 for the bad guys. Next time!

We received a nice skype call tonight from Angela up in Bracebridge, with good news of a cheque she received for us. Anyone else out there with this type of news, please call me right away! Sorry about your snow Angela, however it won't be long and you will be in Mexico!

And before you know it, another day is done! Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment