Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Weekend!



To start off, sorry about the regular Saturday night blog.... we had technical problems with our satellite Internet.... I actually bumped into the darn dish and well, need I say more. There is a bunch of bad weather out east and when I tried to reset the dish, I could not communicate with the computers at the down link, which is in Germantown, Maryland. So, last night we had nothing... but I got it back up and running this morning after some technical assistance from good old Armand, at Tech Mobile Communications in Lyndsay, Ontario!

So this is the Super Bowl Weekend! They live for it down here.... Americans are into their football like we are into our hockey! I do not watch the American NFL or much of the CFL for that matter, but I like to watch the Big GAMES... the Super Bowl and the Grey Cup. New Orleans won the Super Bowl today, and I was cheering for them all the way, they were the underdogs... The City of New Orleans needs it... they need something to be proud of... their City is a mess 5 years after Katrina. Hopefully they can ride this victory and convert it to benefit New Orleans... apparently they will host the Super Bowl in 3 years!

Yesterday was a perfect day. It was sunny, hot and clear skies... If you pick your perfect day in the summer, that was yesterday here. We did not go anywhere... we decided to do some work around the RV. I actually wanted to complete another waxing of the RV! Yikes, what a job... wax on, wax off... Judy did a bunch of work around the inside, and then set to work outside on a jig saw puzzle she picked up at the resort library.

Judy took this picture of Patra this morning catching a few Tucson rays in the bedroom...


It is hard being a cat.....


I was doing waxing today, and in order to get the front section above the cab done, you have to go up on the roof, so I took Judy's camera up with me... here is Judy working on the puzzle...

This is our park looking south, lots of palm trees as you can see...also lots of RV's...


now looking sort of south-west, note the mountains in the background...


now looking to the north, our RV backs on to a housing development, and yes, note the mountains in the background...

this is looking west, lots more mountains....

this is looking east finally, and yes, more mountains... as you can tell by now, we are surrounded by mountains here in Tucson, lots of them.


Judy caught me hard at work waxing, it was hot, drank lots of water, and spent all day Saturday, and half the day today, still not finished!

Still hard at it here, note the white box on the ground by the red pail, that is one of our cordless speakers that I had hooked up into our satellite radio... blasting out the 70's.... we are hooked up and turned on in this rig....

Check out this next picture... later in the afternoon Judy tells me to grab my camera and get a picture of this unexpected guest... Beep Beep the Roadrunner, came walking out of the hedge right behind our RV and stood and had a little talk with Judy and I.... he was not too excited and was in no hurry to move on, needless to say there were no coyotes in sight....

well, time to move on, he just took his exit right, behind the motorhome... he was gone...

Judy was reading the monthly news letter from the Resort, and was telling me I should enter the digital picture contest. Say no more.... we have pictures....

It is quite a large contest with about 7 categories you can enter. I decided to enter into 3 of them. The first one was the animal category. It could be domestic or wild animals.... I decided on this picture that I call "Silly Birds". I took this picture out at the Desert Museum here in Tucson. Wish I knew what type of birds they are???? Can anybody help?

I decided to enter this picture in the Flower Category. I call it the "Purple Haze". I took this last summer when Judy and I visited Debbie and Gerard at their cottage in Sauble Beach! This photo is untouched, but cropped a bit from the original...

This last picture called "The Waterfall" was taken up on good old Manitoulin Landscape Category. We were up there last year with David and Angela on a motorcycle trip. We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls and as we were leaving I turned around and snapped this picture, as it was perfect framing...

The entries are now printed into 8 X 10 prints, and I have to have them mounted on Stock Paper. The deadline is Feb. 15th and later in the month there is a Strawberry Social when the judging will take place and the winners declared! I have to thank my Daughter, Kristina, for technical advice she supplied. She is good at this type of stuff, and I had many different pictures I could have submitted, however you have to make a choice!

Hopefully we will go on a hike tomorrow!

Till tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment