Monday, October 25, 2010

Race Day…

Missed yesterday’s blog… too long a day and with some complications…

Will make up for it all today!  Stephanie completed the 1/2 Niagara Fall Marathon!  An amazing feat… even more amazing when you are there to witness it!   I have never seen a marathon live before, and it is my opinion that some people simply push themselves too hard on race day! 

People get bussed in to the marathon.  This is the 1/2 marathon starting gate… lots of runners!


That is Stephanie in the middle under the start banner… set to go!  This event draws runners from all over the world to run!  


The Niagara Falls Police did a fantastic job of controlling the parkway for the runners.


These guys left first and were just flying!


Here is the lead pack of the 1/2 marathon…


Lots of runners…


Lots of spectators to cheer on the runners… here is Judy, Kristina and Chris…


Stephanie is waving at her supporters!  The Niagara Parkway is an incredible place to hold the marathon.


This horse never even raised his head to look at the runners… see if I yell for horses next time I’m at the track…


This guy was in the middle of the runners… what a fancy machine he had!


Local boaters on the Niagara River taking in the race…


Check this out… the guy with the bunny ears is a pace bunny.  He ran the 1/2 marathon at a pace of 2 hours, 15 minutes.  Runners could gage their own race based on his pace!


This guy ran the full marathon and won!  Look at his time on the clock!   That is 27 Miles!  Yikes!


Stephanie crosses the finish line in a very respectable time of 2:29 and 34 seconds… a great run for her… she wanted to finish under 2 hours and 30 minutes and she did!  Ata go Stephanie!


Kristina congratulates her pen pal at the end of the race… Stephanie is wearing a silver warm up blanket given to the runners when they finish…


Yes, you get a medal when you finish1


What would a trip to Niagara be without a picture of the maid of the mist…


and of course the falls.  This picture we took from our lunch table at the falls restaurant! 


After the race and everything was over, I ran into some problems, and had to head to the Niagara Hospital and consult a doctor.  I was released at about 11:30 last night, and Judy and Kristina were there to pick me up from the Hospital. All is well.

This will result in me going up to Bracebridge shortly to meet with my specialist in early November.  This will also delay our leaving for the USA, which was scheduled for tomorrow morning.  More on this in later posts…

All in all, a great day for a race!

Till tomorrow…



  1. So sorry to hear that your trip will be delayed. Hope everything goes well with your visit to a specialist.