Monday, October 15, 2012

Big Changes in Store for Ontario!

Just finished having dinner tonight, and just reaching for my iPad and keyboard to put a blog together, when BANG..... it hit! The Premier of Ontario, Dalton McGuinty has resigned!

 

Like many bloggers, I usually don't like to put anything political into the blog, and usually I don't. I make exception tonight, as this is very important for the Province of Ontario. He has been our Premier for 16 years now, and won 3 different elections. If I sit back and consider his 16 years as our leader, I give him an excellent grade overall. Our Province has a very strong economy, and the Residents enjoy a fantastic lifestyle.

So now it remains to be seen who will step up and fill the shoes as the head of our Provincial Liberal Party. Should make for some very interesting times!

Went into Town this morning and continued working on the paint job in the bedroom. Hope to finish this job up this week!

 

I put a finish coat on the bookshelves, the door, and all the window trim, so I am very close to painting the colour on the wall...

We got one further step getting ready to hit the road. Today, Judy and I visited our Dentist to have cleanings and check ups completed! Look Ma... no cavities!

Till tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see who gets to replace your Premier. He has had a long career.

    Nice handy work. I guess you cannot leave Ontario till you've completed your renovation contract. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...that is big news. Keep us posted on what happens. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out here in B.C., we were 15 minutes into our evening news before they got around to telling us about this. I guess I'll have to read your blog earlier if I want to keep up with all the breaking news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, did anyone see this coming? Please keep us informed on what is happening and what the impact is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be interesting to see who is successor is and hopefully don't screw things up too bad.
    Get that work done soon, time to hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But the real question is will he buy a fifth wheel or a diesel motorhome? Is he heading for Florida or the Quartzite?

    ReplyDelete