Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Time for a tour!

It was a way too hot Sun today to take on any type of work around the RV, so I decided it was simply time for a tour… Last winter I really enjoyed the tour days we had, and hopefully many more to come this winter! 

It was perfect weather for my Honda Shadow, and it was up for a tour!  Collingwood, Ontario, was in the sites for today’s ride.   It is only about an hours drive, maybe a wee bit more, but not much!  I was wanting to go and visit Play It Again Sports, and check out to see if they had any roller blades for sale.  Seems they did not, however that did not ruin the day!  Collingwood has a nice main street, that has been upgraded recently.

DSCN4986

My trusty Honda Shadow made it to the top of the Blue Mountains… yes, the ones where all the ski hills are here… you got a great view of Georgian Bay, part of Lake Huron.  There was a bit of a mist in the air….

DSCN4987DSCN4988

This whole area is beautiful… too bad I don’t ski Confused smileDSCN4989

I hope you can read this picture of a plaque I took on the top of the mountain, it describes the very first ski lift in Ontario…

 

DSCN4992

This is the very top of the ski lift described above…

 

DSCN4993

I left Collingwood, and drove home through Wasaga Beech…  what a great spot in the summer, there were a few people there today, but certainly not full…

DSCN4994DSCN4995

It is quite the tourist trap at the beach!

DSCN4996

Made it back home by 2:00 this afternoon.  Had a great time and enjoyed the ride.  As usual, the Honda performed without a hitch!

Till tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment