Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I have touched down in Johnson City, Tennessee!

Never had time to Blog last night, but brough my iPad so here you go. What a set of flights I had on Tuesday! My flight left Toronto at 10:04, and Judy and I left Woodstock for the normal 1 1/2 hour drive to Pearson Airport at 6:30, wanting to leave lots of time! Ya, right. The 401 Highway was simply clogged most of the way, and I was on slow simmer... It took us two hours for what seemed no reason at all, but that is the way it goes... I still had over 1 1/2 hours to get to my flight, right???? WRONG! The line ups in Pearson were crazy... I guess a lot of people travel the day after our Thanksgiving Holiday, and I did not really know that. Why would I? I made it to the final security check room by 9:30, but when I entered I noticed a couple people had made it there before me.... like over 1,000! It would take over 2 1/2 hours to clear security, which meant I miss my flight. At about 9:45 a.m. some guy come out and yells if anyone is there for the Delta Flight to Atlanta???? I say "Ya..." and so do about 100 other people all gathered around the room! Well, we got the priority treatment, and went to the front of the line, and made our flight, although 1/2 an hour late, but no problem! Got to Atlanta, enjoyed lunch, and had an hour to wait for my next flight to the Tri-City Airport at Johnson City. Well, it got delayed due to weather by 1 1/2 hours... but I made it, and Shawn picked me up, just after 6:00 p.m. I had made it!

 

This is my plane out of Toronto above... just pumping her full of Jet Fuel!

This morning we started work on the brush clearing right away after 8:00. Lots of work to do, and I will put a few pictures in to show you what we are up to!

Tools of the trade above... Chain Saws, Chain Saw Blade Oil, work gloves, safety glasses, all set to work. In November a nice inground pool will be right where you are looking above.

This log above is over 55 feet long, and is sitting in the middle of the new pool... It will probably be sent to a Company to conver it into 2 X 4's.

There is over 4 acres of land with this house, and there are 3 of these monster trees heading to the lumber mill...

We have lots of wood this size above, and we have a wood chipper coming in on Friday to get rid of some of this stuff...

No shortage of work, and I spent from 8 till 5 working on it today with Shawn working this morning. He had to go and spend the after noon at the Hospital, taking care of some of his little people!

Now you have to keep in mind, this is after we cleared a lot of the small brush...

Noty bad for a days production above... lots more to go!

Later this afternoon, it rained a bit, so I took a break from wood, and had to take care of the Driveway. Their driveway is over 1/4 of a mile long, with 2 switch backs in it, to get you up to where the house is. They have had big winds here the past couple days which put a lot of twigs, and leaves on the drive.... Shawn has a nice back pack leaf blower to get rid of all this, and it took me 2 hours this afternoon to do the drive and house area. Here are a bunch of before and after pics....

It seems I took more after pictures, but above is a couple of before pics... When you have 4 acres of wood lot, there are going to be leaves!

Above is a lot of the finished job on the drive way... it is a long drive, but got it all done. I included a couple shots of the house... this house is over 5,500 square feet in size, although it does not really look it, you are not looking at all of it! The weather today was 70 deg. F. and perfect for working outside. It felt great when the afternoon rain came... I did not head inside, just kept on trucking!

Now the bonus was, Shawn has the NHL Network on his TV System and I got to watch the Leafs beat the Avalanche last night, on his 60 inch plus TV! What a game, and back to back games coming this Friday Night and Saturday Night against Detroit to watch as well. All is good!

Till tomorrow...

 

3 comments:

  1. That 401 can sure be a parking lot at certain times of the day. When I commuted to work there I left before 530 am 5 minutes later and it took one hour longer.
    Enjoy the nice weather and getting all the work done there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a beautiful looking property Shawn and Jenn have - a pool will make it perfect.

    You are working harder than a rented mule, John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you will have parental rights to the pool considering the sweat equity you are providing. Sounds like a great addition to an already beautiful property and home.

    Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete