Sunday, November 15, 2009

Life is good in Tennessee!

What another georgeous day in Tennessee! It was nuthin but Sun, and 25 degrees plus +.......
People were out and about on thier motorcycles, in their teashirts and shorts, in their convertibles, and out on their boats. The fishing people pass our RV about 6:30 a.m. in their boats, heading out to get the big ones! Not to worry, they are quiet! Very peacefull in this park, I simply love it. In Tennessee, the temp goes up all day constantly until about 4:30 in the afternoon, and then all of a sudden it is pitch dark by about 5:15.... I keep waiting for things to cool down in the afternoon but it never happens... Judy noticed this too...
Today we had our usual quiet morning, simply wonderfull. By 10:30 Shawn called looking for us to come in and watch Emmie while they went shopping for new furniture for Emmie's new room we just painted up. While Judy was Emmie watching, I broke out the gas powered pressure washer and jumped up on top of the RV, (we brought it with us to Shawn's house) and cleaned the roof and awning. They were black from all the living under the trees we did at the KOA in Gravenhurst. It looks brand new again. It was kind of nice getting wet from the wash spray as it was real hot working up on the roof. What a difference in climate down here, can't get over it...
After the washing, I headed in to Johnson City in Shawn's car, and went to Barnes and Noble. It is a book store, and is real nice. Shawn and Jenn gave me a gift certificate for my birthday, so I picked out a couple of books to take on our trip out west. I got a book called "Vista for Dummies" which I hope will help me blaze my way through Vista. It is a very involved operating system, and sometimes I feel I do not know enough about it, so hopefully this book can help. Back on my birthday, Chris and Kristina gave me a great birthday gift of a book on how to set up your pictures, (setting the scene). Today I picked up another book to help me out, and it is a very technical book that I hope will let me use more of the features of the fancy new Olympus SLR Camera I bought to record our travels as we go forward. It is an awesome camera, but I have not even scratched the surface on how to use it. Thankfully it has an "automatic" button on it!
We convinced Shawn and Jenn and Emmie to come out to Warrior's Path State Park, and enjoy a nice Roast Chicken Dinner that Judy wipped out of nowhere for us. Had a great time and after dinner, we hooked up with Kristina on Skype and had a nice video conferece with Emmie and "Ta Ta". Sure was good to see you Kristina. I am glad we were able to get Skype working again on our computer, as it is working real good.
Judy and I thought we would head out tomorrow and start heading west for Arizona! However Shawn helped us change our minds, when he mentioned that if we hang around to Tuesday, we could drive over to Bristol on Tuesday evening, and take in "The Bristol Motor Speedway". No, we are not going to a Nascar Race. This time of the year, the races are finished, and the speedway filles in the infield with a hugh Christmas Light Display. Apparently it is incredible. They charge a fee to get in, however the Speedway donates the money to Christmas Charity, and the power for the lights is donated by the local Hydro Producer. ( Read.... Nuculer Plant!) Shawn and Jenn went last year, and loved it so they want to go back. Tomorrow is sunny and 26 degrees again, so that is not hard to take, and helped us make our decision to stay a few more days. Have a bit more work to do at Shawn's house anyways.... pressure washing and deck fixing. Plans now call for us to hit the road on Wednesday! Got to love being retired and making up the agenda as we go along!
Overall just another great day... "Life is good in Tennessee!"
I know you are not happy Mom until you see a picture in the blog, and I won't disapoint. The only one we got today was Emmie during dinner in the RV...oh... Shawn and Jenn seemed to have snuck into the picture too...

The smiles tell you Judy must have cooked another great meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment