Thursday, June 27, 2013

Back to Blogging again...

Yesterday we took a road trip over to visit Tom and Cheryl in Richmond Hill. I thought, hey, no problem, I would take my iPad and post from Richmond Hill. Well, I got there, turned on my iPad, and oooppppssss.... 9% of my battery life left! Seems I forgot to charge it the night before, and did not bring my charge cord with me.... oh boy! No more needs to be said.

 

Check out this crew sitting out back on the deck last night... it was warm, errrrr no, it was HOT out! We managed though.

Here is a Woman with a happy face! Cheryl is really doing well with her new knee that was replaced about 5 weeks or so ago. She can walk around without assistance, and she is vigilant about doing her rehab work.

Yeah, Tom and I took on a few of the World's biggest problems last night, and got a couple of them solved.

This guy above flew in for a free dinner last night, I managed to catch him with our point and shoot and aided a little by iPhotogene.

This guy above, never said a word all night!

This morning Tom had a Dr. appointment down at the Toronto East General Hospital. I drove down with him, as he was having the Dr. look at a blocked tear duct, so I figured he might not be able to drive home. Turns out the Dr. put medication in the eye, but he was fine to drive... rats.... I really wanted to see if I could smoke the tires in his nice Corvette! That yellow sign you see says it all! Pay for parking here. It cost $15.00 for about 1 1/2 hours of parking in the Hospital Parking Lot. Welcome to Toronto!

 

I did take the chance while in Richmond Hill today, to drive by this building. It is called Observatory Place on Yonge St. in Richmond Hill. Back in 1987, I opened a new Branch Office on the Ground Floor of this building, for Montreal Trust. I worked here for two years before being transferred up to Sudbury. I know, you are probably wondering what I did wrong to deserve Sudbury! I actually requested the transfer, and we loved living up north for 10 years! Jenny Craig now has a shop where my Office used to be.

We made it back to the RV this afternoon, however it looks like a lot of rain on the way for the next few days!

Till tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice vist there. But only looks like rain , we much prefer the sunshine we are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, if you needed to be at the doc for too long your parking could really put you in the poor house. Hot then rain. I guess that's better than hot and burning up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting rain and we are getting sun and heat.

    Nice little tidbit about how your former banking office is now a Jenny Craig business.

    I also would have liked to drive that Corvette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you guys solved a few world problems; that, combined with me and my friends doing likewise at lunch yesterday means the world is in much better shape today. Right?

    ReplyDelete