Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another check up day...

Just after 9:00 this morning, we were off in the Cruze heading for London. After some real serious thunder boomers and heavy rain last night, the sky was really overcast, looking like it was going to rain heavy again at any minute. It never did.

First stop today, was our Dr.'s Office, which is located in the new Springbank Medical Centre on the south west side of London. Judy and an appointment to get some of her Scripts renewed.

Shortly after her appointment, I had an appointment with my Cardiologist, who is located right beside our Family Dr.'s Office, in the very same building. Handy!

I have been going to Dr. Aswald for a few years now, and I am pleased to have him looking after my heart health. It has been 9 years since Dr.'s at Toronto General Hospital completed triple heart by-pass surgery on me, literally saving my life...make no mistake about it! Dr. Aswald had me on the tread mill completing a full stress test today, and his immediate response to me was "PERFECT". He was really pleased with my fitness level, telling me to keep it up! This past year Judy and I have taken the word exercise to heart, as on most days since last summer, we have been walking 5 miles. At our track here in Woodstock, I am able to complete the 5 miles in 60 minutes, which of course is 5 MPH. The old ticker is just a motoring after that walk!

After the Dr.'s were done, we enjoyed a Timmy's lunch and headed over to the north side of London to visit our Life Insurance Agent at the Sun Life Financial Office. We had not had a chance to meet her since we moved to this area, so that was accomplished today. Another check up... of the financial kind!

We had a few things to pick up at the store when we got back to Woodstock, and before you know it, the day was gone... how does that work?

Till tomorrow...

 

3 comments:

  1. Good news on the health front; physical and financial. Five mile daily walk is a great goal for anyone. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those good check ups, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on the heart front, John. Your daily exercise regimen seems to be working. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete