Monday, December 12, 2011

As the song goes… “Here comes the rain again…”

As the saying around here goes… “anyone can be the weather man… just say “hot and sunny” and you have it right 95% of the time”!  Well, today was one of those days when it actually rained here, and still is! 

When I got up this morning, it was real nice out with no wind, and no rain in sight, so I decided to head for the Aerodrome.  Judy, (my personal weather-person) indicated the rain would start around 11:00 this morning, so I figured I was good for a couple hours of flying!  I was right.  We only had 3 guys out this morning, but we had a blast none the less… don’t want to mention too much about the learning experience of my plane meeting the steel fence… (AGAIN…) so we will carry on!  Repairs all done, nuff said!

When I got back to the RV this morning, we were pleasantly surprised by another visit from blogging friend Rick, famous of Rick & Paulette's RV Travels    He was kind enough to drop by and leave me a bottle “The Solution”. 

100_2723

I had talked to Rick a few times about this product, and he swears by it, so that was good enough for me!  This afternoon I tried this product inside the RV on our flat screen TV’s, our laptop screens, mirrors, and our blacked out Fridge and Microwave… all I can say about it is “WOW”  This stuff works great!  It sort of sprays on like water, and you use a micro fibre cloth to buff it off, and presto, that is all there is to it.  You end up with a streak free shine every time.  I even cleaned my glasses with it!  Next, is the Jeep and RV, once the rain stops!

  Thanks for dropping by Rick!  Appreciate it!

100_2722

Last night as we walked down to the pot luck dinner, which was very good btw, I turned and cranked out this pic below of our red sky!  What a great view! 

100_2708

When Rick was over visiting, we were getting buzzed by a couple male, and female humming birds feeding at Judy’s new feeder!  They were pretty aggressive today!  This one just about landed on my hand…

100_2711

Busy on the phone and email today, making all my arrangements for heading back to Ontario this week!  Yuck… I hear there may even be a bit of snow there… hope not!  I will fly out of Palm Springs Wednesday morning, and will not make it to London, Ontario, until 9:45 that evening… 3 hour time change does not help.  I get to stay a Gwenny’s house though while I am there for a couple nights, so it will be great to see Her and Mom and Dad as well!  Thursday I will be in London for another Ultra Sound on my Thyroid Gland… This is a follow up from last summer, and hopefully, nothing has changed, and all will be good! Hope to sneak in a visit to my good Friend Gerard, who is in Waterloo Hospital on Thursday afternoon.  Keep the snow away Gerard!    Friday morning, I am not hanging around long, back on the plane at 12:00 noon, and Judy picks me up around 8:00 p.m. in Palm Springs Airport.  Glad to fly out of Palm Springs, and save Judy from driving into LAX to fetch me! Whew… long way to go for an ultra sound!  Tis life!

Check out this picture I borrowed off of Kristina’s blog with Gwenny and the Big Guy!

ChristmasGwenny0001

Here she is all set for Santa below…  what a kid!

DSCN1303[1]

Till tomorrow…

10 comments:

  1. Hey... its raining over here at the Sands too!
    We're okay with it... I love the sound of rain on the roof.
    Hopefully we can meet you while we are in the area.
    Your planes sure sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your test comes out ok. You make flying sound like so much fun. Love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a real busy week for you. Hope the test goes well. Enjoy your visit with Gwenny, and family. We are off to BC the week of the 26th. Your fast with those plane repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell Russ (AKA Scrooge McDuck) but I ordered him a whole case of The Solution for Christmas. Think he'll get the hint?!?!?

    Good luck with your thyroid test and hope you don't get any snow while you're home. At least you get to see the grand baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to meet Gwenny - she's a real cutie!

    The way your using the Solution on everything I just wanted to warn you I was only kidding when I said you could wash your hair with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another plane crash?..geesh they may take your license away?..or is this a normal activity for flying?
    Good luck with your ultrasound and have a great flight!!..more time with Gwenny will be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don is loving the Solution. Love the picture of little Gwenny - we just received our Santa pictures today in the mail of our wee Tucker. Love those grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never hate the rain...due to the fact that we don't have to shovel it..:)....love the pictures of little Gwenny what a sweetie..good luck with your flight hope you have a good one and receive excellent results...its definitely a 'flying' trip....but you will have a very bright spot getting to cuddle 'gwenny'....good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gwenny is really sprouting up there... so darn cute!!! I know you guys are proud... Sounds like it was a great day dispite the rain. Have fun with the Solution!!! Guess I need to get some too ☺
    Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete